Rhubarb & Tarragon Destructured Pie with White Chocolate EspumaOn dine chez Nanou
Finding the best dessert to please your palate can be difficult. If you are looking for something sweet and savory, then try this recipe for Rhubarb and Tarragon Deconstructed Pie with White Chocolate Espuma. It combines the decadence of rhubarb and tarragon with white chocolate and cream. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping so you can make this dessert for your friends and family.
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 1/2 bunch tarragon
- powdered sugar
- 1/2 lemon
- 40 grams salted butter (semi-)
- 20 grams powdered sugar
- 55 grams flour
- 1 gram baking powder
- 10 grams potato starch
- 110 grams white chocolate
- 125 whole milk
- 5 grams sugar
- 100 grams cream (liquid)
- 1For the shortbread, mix all ingredients by hand to get a rather crumbly dough with big lumps. Spread these crumbs on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes at 150°C (300°F).
- 2Prepare the espuma by melting white chocolate in water-bath. Mix milk and sugar, pour it over the chocolate. Whisk to obtain a smooth mixture. Add the liquid cream. Mix and let cool for 3 hours. Pour into a siphon, add 2 gas cartridges. Put in a cool place until serving.
- 3Assemble the dessert by starting with a generous layer of sauce in the bowls, top with the shortbread crumbs and finish with the white chocolate espuma. Assemble right before you are ready to serve, so the shortbread does not become soggy.