Sweet treats are the perfect way to break the ice when you want to bring someting tasty to a potluck, party, dinner, or barbecue. This recipe for Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake wtih Strawberry Coulis is so rich and flavorful, your friends will be begging for the recipe. It combines with heartiness of rhubarb with ricotta cheese and other rich ingredients for a moist and flavorful cake. The coulis is sweet and perfect paired with this sweet confection.
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 60 grams almond (puree)
- 100 grams ricotta
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 deciliters flour
- 1 deciliter buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 strawberries (basket, sliced)
- 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Peel and slice the rhubarb. Put it in a bowl and sprinkle with 6 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Set aside for 3 hours.
- Mix the almond puree and ricotta in a bowl. Add 1 deciliter of sugar, eggs, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix well. Add the flour then the buttermilk.
- Preheat the oven to 320F.
- Drain the rhubarb.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar into a silicone baking pan. Layer the rhubarb on top. Gently pour in the batter.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes. Use a knife to check for doneness.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- For the strawberry coulis, puree the sliced strawberries in the blender with the confectioner's sugar.
- Before serving, spoon the strawberry coulis on the cake. Serve warm or cold.