Rhubarb Pie (Speculoos Cookie Dough) and Strawberry Salad with Lemon VerbenaOn dine chez Nanou
Pie is a perfect palate please any day of the week. This Rhubarb Pie with Speculoos Cookie Dough and Strawberry Salad with Lemon Verbena is a decadent, fresh, and aromatic dessert. It takes 85 minutes to prepare so make sure you have the time because this is well worth the wait. There are only four servings so the worst part of this delicious dessert is trying to decide who to share it with.
- 125 grams butter (soft)
- 125 grams brown sugar (plus 2 tablespoons)
- 40 grams superfine sugar
- 1/2 eggs (beat an egg in a bowl and take half)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250 grams flour
- 10 grams whole milk
- 4 stalks rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 500 grams strawberries
- 7 grams vanilla sugar
- 15 verbena (fresh leaves)
- 1First, prepare the pie crust.
- 2Mix into a bowl 125 grams of soft butter, 125 grams of brown sugar, 40 grams of superfine sugar to obtain an "ointment".
- 3Mix together 1/2 egg, 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 250 grams of flour. Incorporate to the butter/sugar mixture. Finish by adding the milk and mix to obtain a smooth and homogeneous paste.
- 4Wrap in plastic film and keep cool for at least 1 hour.
- 5Then, prepare the filling.
- 6Peel the rhubarb, remove the strings, and cut into small cubes. Put them in a medium-sized bowl with 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Mix and let marinate for 10 minutes.
- 7Roll out the pie crust over a slightly floured surface.
- 8Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 9Fit dough into pie plate and keep the surplus to make crosspieces.
- 10Drain the rhubarb, place into the pan, and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- 11Put down the crosspieces of dough on the pie.
- 12Press slightly so that they stick on the dough.
- 13Cook the dough for 20- 25 minutes.
- 14Sprinkle with sugar.
- 15Rinse strawberries quickly under the water.
- 16Cut them into small pieces, place in a salad bowl, add the vanilla sugar, and the chopped verbena.
- 17Let rest at fresh temperature while the pie bakes.
PER SERVING *
|Calories700Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat240|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.