- 4 1/2 pounds rhubarb (sliced)
- 1/4 pound sugar
- 1 vanilla pod (halved lengthways, seeds scraped out)
- 1/2 pound rock sugar (white)
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 3/4 cup bacardi
- Place the rhubarb and sugar in a saucepan, cover and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Bring the rhubarb to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and simmer for 8-10 mins, until the rhubarb begins to break down. Pass through a sieve into a bowl — you should have about 3 cups of juice. Add the vanilla pod and seeds, then add the rock sugar and stir until dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Stir in the vodka and Bacardi, then remove the vanilla pod. Pour into bottles.