Rhubarb is a delicious treat to enjoy in early summer. Its tart flavor can be enjoyed in both sweet and savory recipes. In this case, the rhubarb is cooked into a delicate and sweet drink. A touch of mint and lemon perfectly complement the rhubarb for a well-balanced drink. This refreshing drink is simple to make and will keep in the refrigerator for a few days. If you have some fresh berries on hand, throw them into the mix as well.
- rhubarb stalks (3 cm. pieces)
- 5 cups water
- sugar (to taste)
- mint sprigs (Fresh, for garnish)
- 1 lemon slice
- ice (to taste)
- In a saucepan, combine the rhubarb and water; simmer for about 1 hour.
- Strain the liquid, add sugar to taste, stir to dissolve, and let cool.
- Serve with ice, a sprig of mint, and a slice of lemon.