Rhubarb Crisp with Brown Sugar CrumbleYUMMLY
Rhubarb Crisp with Brown Sugar Crumble
This sweet-tart spring dessert is a snap to put together. All you do is toss sliced rhubarb with a few simple ingredients and then top them with a crisp, lightly spiced brown sugar and oatmeal streusel. Don’t forget the whipped cream or ice cream! The recipe is a Yummly original created by Saura Kline.
- Preheat oven to 350°F with a rack set in the center.
- Trim and discard ends and any leaves from rhubarb. If any stalks are really large, cut them in half lengthwise. Slice stalks crosswise about 1/2-inch wide to make 6 cups.
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar, the cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla, using a rubber spatula to toss and coat ingredients. Arrange filling evenly in an 8-inch square baking dish or other shallow 1 1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Put remaining 3/4 cup brown sugar, the flour, oats, butter, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until butter is evenly distributed and mixture is a little clumpy. Sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake crisp until filling is bubbly and streusel is evenly browned, 45-50 minutes. Let cool on a rack about 15 minutes. Serve the crisp warm, with scoops of ice cream if you like.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories400Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat100|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.