- 6 roma tomatoes (ripe, about 1 1/4 lbs, halved)
- 14 1/2 ounces petite diced tomatoes (with green chilis, undrained)
- 2 green onions
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (sliced into 5 pieces, stem removed*)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (about a handful)
- 1 clove garlic (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1 large lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- tomato juice (optional)
PER SERVING *
|Calories30Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat┅|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
John Buller 17 Aug
This was a pretty good salsa. I found that adding an extra jalapeño and more salt helped. I also should have used fresh lime. I will make it again.
Kristina Czarny 13 Aug
Amazing! My husband and I love it. I did without the sugar and added an extra pepper and turned out delicious.
Debre 27 Jul
Great. I doubled recipe and added a green pepper.
Nicole 8 Jun
I omitted the sugar but still super delicious! My new go to recipe!
Troy 5 May
VERY VERY GOOD! BETTER THAN RESTAURANT!!
Barbara Kelsey 8 Apr
We used fresh tomatoes instead of canned. Turned out great!
Nici Harvey 7 Apr
it was awesome. I used only fresh ingredients so i used this as a base.
Melody 20 Mar
it was good I would make it again
Ben 18 Mar
Awesome! Loved it! No modifications, other then to many jalapeños.
Ayo 31 Jan
I love salsa, and we always keep salsa in the fridge. We get fresh salsa from our local market. This is BY FAR the best salsa I’ve had in a long time
Fallon 17 Dec 2017
Love it.... made some hard memade tortilla chips to eat with it. 😍😍
Caitlin Bostick 19 Oct 2017
Husband and I loved this! It’s definitely mild with one jalapeño, think we’ll add two next time for extra spice. Used tomatoes from the garden, didn’t measure anything but the spices
Cass'aundra W. 30 Sep 2017
Great adjust Cilantro and Lime to my taste
Adair M. 21 Sep 2017
Amazing!!! Kids even loved it!
Kate Brodniak 21 Sep 2016
It is delicious! I highly recommend it!! I found it to be better than usual restaurant quality. I cooked it and bottled it. Yum! I will be enjoy it all year. Thanks for sharing.