Hydration is critical. Serve this delicious sweet drink with meals or before or after workouts. The lemon, honey, and sugar will draw your family and friends. Great for that ideal picnic on a hot day.
- 50 grams sugar
- 70 grams honey
- 200 grams water (plain)
- 8 lemons juice
- 20 verbena (fresh, leaves)
- 1 liter soda water
- Heat honey, sugar, and 200 grams of water in a saucepan. Bring to the boil until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour this syrup into a bowl, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Squeeze the lemons, add juice and verbena leaves to the syrup, add soda for 1 liter of lemonade. Add syrup to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- Optionally, add raspberries in lemonade glasses for taste and color.
Catherine C. 7 Jul 2015
Potatoes with pesto sauce is just so good. I have never had the two paired together, but it works so well.