Red berries PavlovaHoje para Jantar
In the height of summer, berries make for a great addition to dessert. Pavlova is a Russian dessert that is made from meringue. This delicate dessert is simple to make and you likely already have the ingredients on hand. The meringue is crisp and delicate, while topping it with whipped cream gives it a nice creamy element. The berries add freshness for the perfect summer dessert. If you have fresh mint on hand, adding a sprinkling will accent the fruit deliciously.
- 150 grams egg whites
- 300 grams sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch (Maizena)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 package cream
- 200 grams berries (frozen red)
- 100 grams fresh raspberries
- 100 grams fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 drops lemon
- 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- 2Pour the egg whites [without any trace of the yolks] in a completely dry bowl, without any grease. Add a pinch of salt and start mixing with an electric mixer.
- 3When the egg whites are already in foam, add a little bit of sugar. Keep mixing, without stopping and keep slowly adding the sugar. The slower you mix the sugar, the lighter the whites gets, making a much lighter pavlova. Mix untill you no longer feel the sugar grains.
- 4In a pot, add the maize with the vinnegar. Add this mixture to the meringue and whisk untill well involved.
- 5With the help of a plate, draw a circle on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the sheet on a baking tray and pour the merengue carefully filling this circle.
- 6Reduce temperature to 150 degrees Celsius and place the tray in the oven for about 1 hour. Let it cool down in the oven.
- 7Bring the frozen fruit with lemon to the boil (the lemon serves to accentuate the flavor of fruits). Add the brown sugar and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes. Leave to cool.
- 8Whisk the cream with the powder sugar and pour over the pavlova, already cold. Garnish with red fruit sauce and with the fresh fruit.
PER SERVING *
|Calories410Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat9|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.