Tender and flavorful, this recipe for Red Wine and Blueberry Roast Pork is a must try for dinner. Rubbed with thyme, sage, bay leaf, and pepper, the meat is left in the refrigerator overnight to season and soak up the flavor of the herbs. Seared alo…
g with juniper berries and onion, the pork loin is then roasted in a red wine blueberry sauce until tender and juicy. Slice and serve the meat with the leftover blueberry sauce.
- 800 grams pork loin
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch thyme (sage, and bay leaf)
- 10 ounces red wine
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 teaspoon juniper berries
- extra-virgin olive oil
- ground black pepper
- Rub the exterior of the pork loin with a mixture of finely chopped thyme, sage, and bay leaf, add the ground pepper, cover the roast with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least two hours, overnight is recommended.
- Sear the roast in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil, the chopped onion, and the juniper berries, season with salt and cook for 10 minutes until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add the red wine and cook for an additional 10 minutes on medium heat, turning the roast over occasionally in its juices.
- Place the roast in the oven preheated to 160C and bake for 30 minutes, then add 1 cup of blueberries and continue cooking for approximately 40 more minutes.
- Place the roast on a serving platter or a large cutting board and cover with a sheet of aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Return the pan with the cooking juices to the stove, season to taste with salt, add the remaining blueberries, cook for 2 minutes and turn off the heat.
- Slice the roast, cover it with the blueberry sauce and serve.
|Calories570Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat280|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.