- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless short ribs (about 4)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and diced)
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups dry red wine (*see notes)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 5 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 potatoes (mini, halved)
- 1 large carrot (peeled, halved and cut into 2-inch slices)
|Calories520Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat35|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Timothy 3 days ago
Delicious. A big hit all around for the flavor and tenderness, and the prep and cooking was easy. I recommend some salt though
Angelo Nash 3 months ago
Amazing my fiance was super excited
Coden 3 months ago
Absolutely delicious, the red wine really sets it off !! Loved it very much!
Joseph Branco 5 months ago
So flavorful this will be the third time I’ve made this for family and friends.
Rie 6 months ago
I too loved this recipe!! I used the beef broth and added sautéed mushrooms. I served it over a delicious creamy cheese polenta that my husband made. We served it to guests and my friend asked me for the recipe. I guess she liked it too!
Alisha Wilder 6 months ago
loved this recipe!! super easy to follow but was absolutely delicious
Tamara Alas 7 months ago
Absolutely delicious. I followed the directions exactly. The flavor was perfect, robust. The dish was so fragrant. There was plenty of gravy with the dish too. Additionally, it was very easy to make. It took a long time, however, most of the time was spent with the dish in the oven. Next time I will leave it in the oven a little longer so the meat can be a tad more tender. I paired it with a green bean recipe. Every one of my family members exclaimed 'Wow'! Thank you, Yummly!!!