Red Wine Braised BeefL'Antro dell'Alchimista
If you are searching for a recipe with traditional elements as well as a ton of protein, we got you covered! This recipe for Red Wine Braised Beef is delcious as well as the perfect post-workout meal. Try out this recipe and see how your body responds to the added protein intake. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are happy to read your comments and respond. You can also give this Red Wine Braised Beef recipe a star rating.
- 1 kilogram beef roast
- 100 grams lard
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 carrots
- 1 onions
- 1 tomatoes
- 1 celery ribs
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, lovage, sage, etc . . .)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic cloves
- 10 ounces red wine
- 1Preheat the oven to 190C
- 2Insert the strips of lard in the roast, then sear the roast on all sides in a hot saucepan with the oil.
- 3Add the chopped vegetables and saute. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the red wine, the bouquet garni, bay leaf, and garlic.
- 4Place the saucepan, covered, in the oven for 60 to 90 minutes, basting the roast occasionally with the broth.
- 5Take the roast from the oven, remove it from the saucepan, and set it aside to keep it warm.
- 6In the meantime, reduce the cooking juice, filter it through a sieve, season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve the roast with the sauce separately.
PER SERVING *
|Calories430Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.