If you are searching for a recipe with traditional elements as well as a ton of protein, we got you covered! This recipe for Red Wine Braised Beef is delcious as well as the perfect post-workout meal. Try out this recipe and see how your body responds to the added protein intake. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. We are happy to read your comments and respond. You can also give this Red Wine Braised Beef recipe a star rating.
- 1 kilogram beef roast
- 100 grams lard
- 50 grams olive oil
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 celery stalk
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 bouquet garni (parsley, lovage, sage, etc . . .)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 10 ounces red wine
- Preheat the oven to 190C
- Insert the strips of lard in the roast, then sear the roast on all sides in a hot saucepan with the oil.
- Add the chopped vegetables and saute. Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the red wine, the bouquet garni, bay leaf, and garlic.
- Place the saucepan, covered, in the oven for 60 to 90 minutes, basting the roast occasionally with the broth.
- Take the roast from the oven, remove it from the saucepan, and set it aside to keep it warm.
- In the meantime, reduce the cooking juice, filter it through a sieve, season to taste with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve the roast with the sauce separately.
|Calories430Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat340|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.