- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon greek yogurt
- 4 ounces chocolate (good quality, finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 3-cup (5-inch diameter) mini bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- In the large bowl of your KitchenAid® Artisan® Series Stand Mixer, combine the cake flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large glass measuring cup, combine the oil, buttermilk and egg white.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients, and mix on low speed until combined.
- Place the food coloring, cocoa, vinegar, and vanilla in the smaller bowl of the stand mixer. Pour about half of the cake batter into the smaller bowl, and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Using a large serving spoon or ice cream scoop, place some of the red batter into the greased bundt pan. Layer some of the white batter on top, then repeat again with red. Continue alternating until the pan is full and there is no remaining batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a tester inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool completely and unmold onto a serving plate.
- Stir the yogurt and powdered sugar together until smooth. Pour the glaze over the top of the bundt cake.
- To make the chocolate sauce, place the chopped chocolate in a bowl and heat the cream in a small pot until simmering. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and allow to stand for 5 minutes. Add the corn syrup and whisk until smooth.
PER SERVING *
|Calories930Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat460|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.