A super-moist, easy-to-make red velvet cake soaked with sweetened condensed milk and topped with to-die-for whipped cream cheese frosting.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar (for cake)
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (for cake)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt (for cake)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp. red food coloring (or enough to achieve desired shade of red)
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, 8 oz. per block)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (for frosting)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract (for frosting)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp. salt (for frosting)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz. per can)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish liberally with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place the butter, canola oil, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, cream the ingredients together on medium speed until smooth, scraping sides of bowl with rubber spatula as necessary, about 1 minute. Add the eggs, and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
Unlock full nutritional details with subscription
|Calories350Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes