This dessert will stand out from the crowd. Its vibrant red and white will instantly gain attention. Filled with white chocolate, cocoa, butter, and cream cheese, it is both sweet and creamy. Raspberries add just a hint of fruity goodness. With a prep time of just over an hour, this cake is best reserved for special occasions.
- 250 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 grams cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 240 grams buttermilk
- red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 500 grams cream cheese
- 500 grams whipping cream
- 250 grams sugar
- cream (stabilizer)
- white chocolate (grated)
- Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius.
- Cream the eggs with the sugar until white and doubled in volume. Mix in the butter, beating continually, and then add the vanilla.
- Sift together the flour, salt and cocoa.
- Add the food coloring to the buttermilk and stir.
- Add the dry ingredients in three sections to the egg mixture alternatively with the buttermilk. Start and finish with the dry mixture.
- Mix the baking soda and vinegar together and add to the batter once it starts to bubble.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes, remove from pan, and cool on a baking rack.
- Make the frosting by beating the cream with half the sugar and the stabilizer. Mix the cream cheese with the remaining sugar. Mix with the whipping cream and refrigerate until cooled.
- Cut the cake horizontally into three layers. Sandwich the frosting between the layers and spread over the entire cake.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and raspberries.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1530Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat920|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.