Red Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spicy Prawns and Quail EggsKooking
The wonderful part about Red Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spicy Prawns and Quail Eggs is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Red Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spicy Prawns and Quail Eggs is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 70 grams rice (red Thai)
- 150 grams shiitake
- 100 grams prawns (peeled)
- 2 quail eggs
- 1/4 leeks
- 1 slice smoked sausage (spicy)
- ground cayenne pepper
- szechwan peppercorns
- olive oil
- 1Cook rice in salted water over medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
- 2Drain and set aside.
- 3Marinate shrimp in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Set aside.
- 5For the quail eggs, cover a glass with plastic wrap.
- 6Add a few drops of oil and crack open the two eggs.
- 7Add a small amount of sausage and pepper.
- 8Close the plastic wrap and tie to seal packet.
- 9Lower packet into boiling water for 2 minutes.
- 10Cut the leek in brunoise (very fine dice).
- 11In a wok (or large frying pan), heat oil and sauté mushrooms and season with salt and Szechuan pepper to taste.
- 12Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- 13In the same wok, sauté prawns with marinating oil.
- 14Remove prawns and set aside.
- 15Sauté leeks in the same wok and add the rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- 16To serve, place fried rice on plates.
- 17Remove quail egg from packet and arrange on top of fried rice and top with mushrooms and shrimp to taste.