The wonderful part about Red Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spicy Prawns and Quail Eggs is that it is versatile and hearty. It is a wonderful base for any dish and the texture adds so much to a meal. This recipe for Red Rice with Shiitake Mushrooms, Spicy Prawns and Quail Eggs is rich and flavorful. If you are searching for a fish dish that is creamy, packed with nutrients and has a hearty flavor, then try this meal. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy it as much as we do.
- 70 grams rice (red Thai)
- 150 grams shiitake
- 100 grams prawns (peeled)
- 2 quail eggs
- 1/4 leeks
- 1 slice smoked sausage (spicy)
- ground cayenne pepper
- szechwan peppercorns
- olive oil
- Cook rice in salted water over medium-low heat for 40 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Marinate shrimp in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- For the quail eggs, cover a glass with plastic wrap.
- Add a few drops of oil and crack open the two eggs.
- Add a small amount of sausage and pepper.
- Close the plastic wrap and tie to seal packet.
- Lower packet into boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Cut the leek in brunoise (very fine dice).
- In a wok (or large frying pan), heat oil and sauté mushrooms and season with salt and Szechuan pepper to taste.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- In the same wok, sauté prawns with marinating oil.
- Remove prawns and set aside.
- Sauté leeks in the same wok and add the rice and sauté for 1 minute.
- To serve, place fried rice on plates.
- Remove quail egg from packet and arrange on top of fried rice and top with mushrooms and shrimp to taste.