- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup water
- 10 strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- black sesame seeds (for garnish)
- strawberries (for garnish)
- In a pan, bring the quinoa and water to a boil for about 10-12 minutes. Allow it to cool.
- In another pan, combine the strawberries (cut into small pieces), lemon juice, sugar, and vanilla bean. Bring to a boil on medium heat, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the fruit becomes tender and a kind of jam is formed. Be careful not to crush the strawberries. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once the quinoa is cool, mix with 1 teaspoon of black sesame seeds.
- In cups or glasses, arrange the parfait in alternating layers of yogurt, quinoa, and strawberries. The last layer should be yogurt. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds to taste and garnish with strawberries.