Pasta dishes sooth the soul and satisfy the stomach. They are usually hearty dishes packed with decadent ingredients and flavors. This recipe for Red Pesto Ravioli is a nontraditional way to take a traditional favorite to the whole next level. The red pesto makes this dish hearty and healthy. Feel free to use either Gruyere or Mozzarella cheese for this dish. The dinner can be made any day of the week due to its easy and quick preparation.
- pasta dough
- 125 grams ham
- 250 grams ricotta cheese
- 4 teaspoons Espelette Dukkah pepper
- cream (20 cl. liquid)
- 4 tablespoons red pestos
- gruyere cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out the pasta dough.
- Trim fat from ham.
- In a bowl, combine the ham, ricotta, and Espelette pepper.
- Mix until filling is well mixed.
- Stuff the pasta dough and close the ravioli.
- Place the ravioli in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk the cream and pesto.
- Pour on top of the ravioli.
- Add the grated cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.