Red Pepper RollsL'Antro dell'Alchimista
Chocolate chips and espresso complement one another in this sweet coffee cake. Because the flour is sifted and egg whites are folded into the batter, the cake is light and airy. Once it's baked, the cake is dusted with powdered sugar and ready to eat. Serve it with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream for an extra-special treat. Store this confection covered at room temperature for up to a week.
- 330 grams bread flour
- 150 milliliters water
- 75 grams yeast
- 670 grams bread flour
- 250 milliliters water
- 150 grams butter
- 50 grams vegetable shortening
- 100 grams sugar
- 15 grams salt
- 100 grams red pepper (marinated, diced)
- 1To make the first dough, add the flour, water, and yeast to a bowl and mix well until a dough forms. Allow to rest until doubled in size.
- 2To make the second dough, Add the dough to a bowl and make a well in the flour. Add the water, butter, shortening, sugar, salt, and red peppers. Combine until a smooth dough forms.
- 3Add the first dough to the second dough and knead well for 10 to 12 minutes until the two doughs are completely combined. The final dough should be soft but not sticky.
- 4Divide the dough in two, cover and allow to rise for 60 minutes
- 5Form the doughs into a ball and cut into 14 pieces.
- 6Shape into small balls by rolling with the hands.
- 7Place the dough balls on a lightly oiled baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
- 8Allow to rise for 60 minutes until doubled in size.
- 9Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius.
- 10Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the outside is golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1450Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat440|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.