Cooking pork in soy sauce gives it the deep rich red color. Keep this meal's Asian flavor by serving steamed mixed vegetables and rice.
- 4 New York pork chops (top loin, 1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon green onions (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Combine hoisin sauce, brown sugar, green onion, lemon juice and soy sauce. Place pork chops in dish or plastic bag; add marinade, turning to coat. Cover dish or tie bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 1-2 hours.
- Remove chops from marinade; discard marinade. Place chops on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 5-6 inches from heat. Broil 10-12 minutes, turning once or until an inserted meat thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time. .