Red Fish in the OvenHoje para Jantar
- 1 redfish
- 6 potatoes
- 4 spring onions (+ 1 medium onion)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red pepper
- 1 sprig parsley
- 150 milliliters white wine
- paprika (to your taste)
- 1Cook the potatoes in water seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 2Cut the sliced medium onion, pour it in a pan and sauté in olive oil with the paprika.
- 3Cut the peppers into strips and add to the onion.
- 4Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- 5Place the whole fish in a refractory tray, pour some salt on it, cover it with braised onions and pour over the wine.
- 6Wash the onions, remove the peel leaving one or two layers. Make two cross-shaped cuts and place in the pan with the fish.
- 7Wash the garlic and place them over the fish without stripping.
- 8Wash the parsley and spread over the fish.
- 9Place the tray in the middle of the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
- 10Regularly Drizzle the fish with the sauce for not to dry.
- 11Remove from the oven and place the potatoes in the pan.
- 12One suggestion to enrich the dish is making some diagonal cuts in the fish and fill it with bits of bacon.
- 13The fish will be much juicier and more flavorful (but also with more calories!