This recipe for Red Currant Cake with Meringue is a sweet, tart, and tantalizing treat that will tickle the taste buds. The cake is sweet and fluffy. The meringue is an airy and sweet celebration on top. Be sure to pick up these ingredients the next time you go shopping for a sweet surprise the next family gathering. This is the perfect sweet treat for a holiday dinner or a special occasion. Why not bring this to the next family gathering?
- 125 grams butter (very soft)
- 110 grams sugar
- 1 egg (plus 1 1/2 egg yolks)
- 50 grams hazelnut meal
- 250 grams all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 60 milliliters milk
- 400 grams red currants
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper .
- In a bowl or using a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add eggs and yolks (to divide yolk, whisk yolk in small bowl and take half), hazelnut meal, flour, baking powder, and milk. Mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan, and smooth top with an offset spatula.
- Rinse and dry currants and remove their seeds.
- Arrange currants in an even layer on batter, then sprinkle with with powdered sugar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cake is just set. Allow to cool before removing from the pan.