- 4 New York (top loin) pork chops (3/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons onion (minced)
- 2 tablespoons spice (Chinese five-)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger root (grated)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- In large self-sealing bag, mix together brown sugar, hoisin, soy sauce, Worcestershire, sesame oil, onion, five spice, ginger and garlic. Add pork chops, seal bag and toss to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in kettle-style grill. Drain chops, discarding marinade. Grill* chops over direct heat for 8-9 minutes, turning once until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees Fahrenheit, followed by a 3-minute rest time.
- Serves 4.
- *Alternatively, place in a shallow roasting pan and roast at 400 degrees F. for 20-25 minutes.
- Wine suggestion: Serve with a chilled beer or a chilled Viognier.