Red Cabbage with ChestnutsLolibox
If you want to create a healthy and flavorful dinner that will tantalize the taste buds, you have to make sure you pick the perfect palate pleasing side dish. This recipe for Red Cabbage with Chestnuts is rich and hearty. The red cabbage is paired with sweet and savory ingredients for a flavor that is out of this world. We hope you and your loved ones love this dish as much as we do.
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 1 onions
- 20 grams lard (or butter)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar (to taste)
- 200 grams chestnuts (vacuum-packed)
- 1Wash and cut the cabbage into medium sized pieces.
- 2Mince the onion.
- 3Heat the butter in a large skillet.
- 4Saute the onion for a few minutes and add the red cabbage.
- 5Mix and season with salt, pepper, and sugar.
- 6Cook for a few minutes.
- 7Add a little water just to wet the mixture and cover the pan.
- 8Continue cooking for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
- 9Add the chestnuts and mix gently.
- 10Simmer for ten minutes.