Red Bean Soup With Spinach And Elbow PastaO Meu Tempero
Red beans, potato, and pasta make for a hearty and soul satisfying soup for cold weather comfort in a bowl. This recipe calls for cooked dried beans and the cooking liquid to use as the broth for the soup, but if you prefer to use canned beans you will need to use a flavorful vegetable broth (for a vegetarian meal). But the taste and texture of the soup won't be nearly the same.
- 500 grams red beans (cooked, weighed after cooked and drained)
- 2 liters baked beans (broth)
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 large potatoes (chopped)
- 50 grams elbow macaroni
- 100 grams spinach leaves
- olive oil (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- 1Cook the potato and onion in the bean broth.
- 2Once the potato and onion are cooked, add the beans, setting aside some whole beans to be added later.
- 3Puree with a hand blender.
- 4Season with salt and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the pasta and spinach and cook until done.
- 6Add a dash of olive oil and stir.
- 7Serve warm.