Bring elegant French pastries to your home with this flaky buttery crust that is jam-packed with Reblochon cheese. Swirls smells of baked cheese will fill the home and take you to down the cobblestone streets of Paris the moment it is put in the oven. 6 ingredients is all it takes to travel to Europe and when you're done, you have a piping hot, oozing, cheesy dish easily paired with any main dish or served with a baguette for a pre-dinner snack. Kids are sure to go crazy over the melting delicious cheese.
- 250 grams flour
- 125 grams lard
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 150 milliliters water
- 1 Reblochon
- 1 eggs (whisked)
- In the bowl of a mixer, pour the flour, the lard cut into pieces, and the baking powder and add 150 ml of cold water.
- Knead into a smooth paste. The dough is quite sticky.
- Place it on a plastic film and form a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degress Celsius.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out your dough in a thin layer with your rolling pin.
- Place your Reblochon in the center of the dough.
- Cut the dough in excess into a 15 centimeters wide circle around your cheese.
- Close the dough on the cheese by folding the sides.
- Seal by wetting the dough.
- Turn over the cheese (seam facing down).
- Brush the dough with a whisked egg.
- Cook for about 20 to 25 minutes until it has golden color.
PER SERVING *
|Calories530Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.