This is one of the easy, quick and simplest Indian dessert made with rava or sooji i.e. semolina. This Rava Kesari is irresistible when it’s homemade; there are no artificial flavors and colors used in this recipe. To learn this amazing drooling and delightful sweet dish check out our step by step photo recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Put a heavy bottom pan on the range and heat clarified butter. Fry the cashews, almond and raisins.
- once they are start turning slight dark color; add the rava/semolina and roast them nicely till you get nice aroma or till rava turns to faint pink color. Stir it continuously or else rava stick to the bottom of the pan very quickly and it will burn.
- Add the sugar and mix it nicely
- Add the water, milk, pinch of salt and stir continuously and cook the rava mixture. This will take 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce the flame to medium and stir the mixture slowly. Add 1 tbsp of clarified butter and mix it nicely. This improves taste and also helps to leave the mixture from the pan fast. When the mixture starts to leave and not sticking to sides of the pan means it is done. Switch off the gas.
- Notes: If you are using condensed milk then reduce the quantity of sugar Water is very much necessary otherwise the kesari will be hardens on cooing If you like to give color to the kesari, then add the food color in 4th step
|Calories650Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.