- 1/2 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (very thinly sliced)
- 1 cup tomato puree (such as Pomi)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 eggplant (small, my store sells these “Italian Eggplant” that are less than half the size of regular ones; it worked perfectly)
- 1 zucchini (smallish)
- 1 yellow squash (smallish)
- 1 red bell pepper (longish)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons soft goat cheese (for serving)
|Calories190Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat80|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Suzi Koene 25 Sep 2018
yum! definitely a new fave!
Michelle B. 5 Jul 2018
This is an amazing dish!
Carissa G 17 Feb 2018
Very Yummy!!! I subbed fresh mozzarella for goat cheese to save some $
scott 9 Jan 2018
It was really good. We added larger cremini mushrooms as a layer but they had to be hand cut with serated blade to get good results. got better results qith a knife. We also pureed our garlic and minced onion to mix better. None chunky spaghetti sauce might be easier. Needed more salt then I thought, might lightly salt veggies before stacking next time. Also going "country style" next time by doing chunks/cubes to cut down on prep time.
Sup Bitch 1 Dec 2017
Turned out great! Flavors were awesome! I had a lot of veggies left over though...Must find other dishes to use them up before they go bad
Frankie Gale 9 Oct 2017
Delicious!! Turned out just as good as I imagined it would have in the movie itself!