Ratatouille with Sausage and Tomato Cream SauceKITCHENAID
Add All to Shopping List
Add to Meal Planner
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Fit KitchenAid® 7 cup Food Processor with slicing blade attach lid and secure in place, turn unit on high and feed eggplant, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes tomatoes and Brussels sprouts into feed tube and use food pusher to slice all vegetable to turn unit off press high. Keep Brussels sprouts separated, put int two separate medium bowls and set aside. Fit KitchenAid® 7 cup Food Processor with shredding blade and shred mozzarella cheese on low, set aside.
- Heat a sauce pan and add sausage, cook thoroughly and remove from pan.
- Add olive oil to 8” sauce pan, diced red onion and asparagus, minced garlic and put into pan along with the Brussel sprouts and cook on medium-high heat until vegetables are tender about 5 to 7 minutes. Add sausage to vegetables and add wine to deglaze the pan. Add tomato sauce, cream, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes and cook down until most of the liquid has reduced by half, about 15 minutes.
- To assemble, put Italian sausage mixture in bottom of a heavy round casserole dish. Starting from the outside layer eggplant, zucchini, summer squash and tomatoes in a circular pattern over sausage mixture. Cover vegetables with cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
|Calories270Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.