- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 2 eggplants
- 1 zucchinni
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (flavored with oregano, mint, and garlic)
- 1 sprig lemon thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add finely chopped onion and diced peppers.
- Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add peeled, cored and diced tomatoes.
- Cover pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Dice eggplant and zucchini.
- Add the eggplant, zucchini and garlic to the pan.
- Stir gently so vegetables remain intact.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes over low heat.
- Season with salt and thyme.