This Raspberry and Ricotta Tart recipe is sent from the heavens. It combines the tart sweetness of frozen raspberries with the decadent mixture of ricotta and mascarpone cheeses for a dreamy dessert that is out of this world. Be sure to pick up the ingredients this week so you can surprise your family with personal sweet treats after a decadent dinner. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these tarts as much as we do. Happy baking!
- butter (for the cake pan)
- 250 grams shortbread cookies
- 90 grams melted butter
- 250 grams ricotta
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 100 grams sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- 150 grams frozen raspberries (thawed and drained)
- powdered sugar
- Butter a 20 centimeter rectangular pan and then line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Pulse the cookies in a food processor. Add the melted butter and pulse again until well-combined. Pour the crumb mixture into your pan and press it down with the back of a spoon or the palm of your hand. Refrigerate for 30 minutes so the crust sets.
- Preheat the oven to 320F.
- Whisk the ricotta, mascarpone, and sugar until smooth. Add the eggs one by one. Add the lemon zest. Spread the raspberries over the shortbread crust and then gently pour the ricotta/mascarpone mixture over the fruit.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until the tart filling is set. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.