Here's the familiar drill: Puree the fruit (in this case raspberries) with a bit of sugar or sweetener of choice in a food processor or blender. That's the foundation of any number of fruit-based juices or smoothies. Then add some other liquid for extra flavor, such as the freshly brewed mint tea in this recipe. Stir in a handful of fresh mint leaves (basil would also work here) and ice, and refreshment is served.
- 100 grams raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 50 grams sugar (or sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons tea (mint)
- 500 milliliters water (boiling .)
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- ice (to taste)
- In a blender, add the raspberries and sugar, and puree to a paste. Add the tea to a porcelain teapot and add the boiling water.
- Cover the teapot and infuse for 10 minutes.
- In a jar, add the ice, and then the pureed raspberries. Add the brewed tea and fresh mint leaves.
- Serve well chilled.