- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 14 tablespoons butter (cold, diced)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 4 ounces marzipan (grated)
- 1 1/3 pounds raspberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (plus more for garnishing)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- For the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl. Add the butter, granulated sugar and egg; mix with a food processor or with your hands until the mixture forms a smooth dough with no lumps of butter. Separate out 2/3 of the pastry. Roll out on a floured work surface to a 13 inch circle. Grease a 10 inch tart pan with removable bottom. Press the pastry into the bottom and sides of the tart pan. Prick the pastry with a fork then trim off any excess pastry. Sprinkle the grated marzipan on the bottom. Refrigerate for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven at 400°F. Sprinkle the raspberries with the powdered sugar. Add lemon juice and toss gently. Spoon into the tart pan. Roll the remaining pastry on a floured work surface and cut into thin strips. Place the strips across the tart in both directions to create a lattice effect. Press the edges of the strips into the pastry at the sides to secure them. Brush the pastry with a little water then sprinkle with the brown sugar.
- Bake for about 35 mins. Cool on a wire rack. Remove side of tart pan. Sprinkle top with additional powdered sugar and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat140|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.