- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus tbsp)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 figs (cut into wedges)
- 2 passionfruits (halved, pulp scraped out)
- Preheat the oven to 225°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Beat the egg whites in a large bowl with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Gradually 1 cup of the sugar, beating until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Mix the cornstarch and vinegar together and stir into the mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon the meringue into 4 dome shapes on the baking sheet. Using a spatula, sweep the sides upwards, then use a teaspoon to press a small hollow in the center of each. Bake for 1 hour. Reduce the oven temperature to 175°F. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and allow the meringue to cool inside.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Beat in the vanilla extract and remaining 2 tbsp sugar. Place the powdered sugar and 8 raspberries in a bowl and crush with a fork. Stir into the whipped cream.
- Place the meringues on a platter and spoon the whipped cream into the hollows. Arrange the figs and remaining raspberries on top. Spoon the passionfruit pulp over the top. Serve immediately.
|Calories710Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat410|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.