Similar to a Tiramisu, this layered cake is bursting with sophistication and airy bites of raspberry, chocolate, goodness. Using hazelnuts and almonds over regular unbleached flour aids in keeping the cake layers soft and porous, this way the raspberry juices seep into the chocolate batter and each bite has evenly distributed flavors of sweet and sour. Top it with a thin dust of coco powder and a few whole raspberries for a stunning display.
- 6 egg whites
- 250 grams granulated sugar
- 125 grams ground almonds
- 125 grams ground hazelnuts
- 12 1/2 cream (35% fat)
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- 2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Beat 6 egg whites with 20 grams of sugar.
- Beat in remaining 230 grams of sugar.
- Add almond and hazelnut powders by lifting the mixture with a spatula.
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry bag with a 1 centimeter diameter plain tip, pipe a spiral disk 20 centimeters in diameter on each baking sheet..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, remove from oven, cool.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
- Pour 1/3 of the cream in the chocolate, mix with a plastic spatula. Repeat 2 more times until all the cream is used and a smooth ganache is obtained.
- Pour half the ganache in pastry bag, and pipe on the bottom of the first dacquoise disk.
- Reserve a handful of raspberries for decoration, and divide the remaining raspberries on the ganache.
- Cover with the second dacquoise disk, and then cover it with ganache (smooth well with a spatula).
- Sprinkle generously with cocoa
PER SERVING *
|Calories500Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat260|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.