Is it cake or is it bread? That all depends on how you want to look at it. This Raspberry and Coconut Cake combines sweet grated coconut with the tartness of fresh raspberries and lemon juice. It also includes a surprising twist: coffee grounds! Ser…
e this at a holiday brunch, or keep it as a late-night snack. Either way, this cake or bread, however you decide to view it, will look good on a plate with a fork.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coffee (grounds)
- 90 grams grated coconut
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 200 grams flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams sugar
- 90 grams margarine (melted)
- fresh raspberries (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease and flour a rectangular baking pan.
- Make the buttermilk by adding lemon juice to milk, and waiting for about 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix the coffee and coconut with warm water.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- With an electric mixer whisk the eggs with the sugar until obtaining a fluffy whitish mixture. Then, add the buttermilk, alternating with the flour, and mix. Finally, add the coconut mixture and the margarine, and mix well.
- Pour a thin layer of dough in the baking pan, pour the raspberries on top, and cover with the rest of the dough. Garnish with more raspberries, burying them slightly in the dough.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
|Calories760Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.