Whoopie pies are a wonderful and delicious sweet treat. These Raspberry-Pistachio Whoopie Pies combine the sweetness of the berries with the saltiness of the pistachios for a decadent and flavorful treat. These pies are perfect for a party, celebration or special occasion. Be sure to pick up the ingredients next time you go shopping so you can whip up a batch for your next family dinner. We hope you love them as much as we do!
- 100 grams salted butter
- 2 eggs
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- 250 grams flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75 grams softened butter
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pistachio extract
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- green food coloring (pistachio)
- 3 pistachios (toasted, chopped)
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 374F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan until there is no foam left, set aside to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs, sugar, and vanilla sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Separately, mix flour and baking powder together.
- Pour the melted butter into egg/sugar mixture, stir to combine.
- Gradually incorporate the flour mixture.
- Knead by hand to form a big ball of dough.
- Shape the cookies by hand.
- Arrange cookies on a silicon mat or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix softened butter and powdered sugar until the mixture is pale.
- Add pistachio extract and water, mix to a creamy texture.
- Add green food coloring until you get the right shade.
- When cookies are done, place on a metal rack to cool.
- Place 5 or 6 raspberries on half of the cookies.
- Using a pastry bag, pipe a small cream pistachio rosette in the middle of the raspberries. Sprinkle with chopped pistachio.
- Cover with a second cookie. Repeat with remaining cookies, frosting, and berries.