Raspberry Mousse CakeChloé Delice
This cake is definitely a labor, not only will your family be impressive with this gorgeous dessert but you will also be impressive with the work you have done. A crisp cookie base is brushed with grenadine syrup and topped with a delicate raspberry mousse and raspberries. This creates a beautiful layered look that is at home as the centerpiece for any dessert table. Some delicate decorations are all that is needed to finish this cake off.
- 120 grams egg whites
- 100 grams sugar
- 80 grams egg yolks
- 100 grams flour
- 75 grams egg whites
- 150 grams syrup
- 35 grams water
- 250 grams raspberry puree
- italian meringue (above)
- 10 grams gelatin sheet
- 200 grams whipped cream (200ml of liquid cream)
- frozen raspberries
- 100 grams raspberry puree
- 2 gelatin sheet
- 50 grams white chocolate
- almond paste
- sugar (silver, beads)
- 1Beat the whites with the sugar.
- 2Incorporate the yolks, lightly beaten, gently with a spatula, add the sifted flour delicately.
- 3Make a circle 20 cm in diameter using a pastry bag fitted with a large tip forming a snail.
- 4Finally, make two strips of biscuits 4 cm high, smoothing with a spatula. (4cm to cut and have strips of 3cm clear)
- 5Sprinkle with powdered sugar and bake for about ten minutes at 180 ° C.
- 6Place on a rack and allow to cool.
- 7For the Italian meringue: Cook the water and the 150 gr of sugar in a saucepan. Prepare your whites in the stand mixer bowl, once your sugar is at 110 ° C, start beating the whites until white. Once the syrup has reached 118 ° C, pour it gradually into the whites (they should be at stiff peaks) until you get a smooth meringue.
- 8Once your meringue is at room temperature, reserve. For the whipped cream: Assemble your cold cream in the stand mixer bowl, once it is well whipped reserve in the refrigerator.
- 9For raspberry mousse: Soften the gelatin in a bowl of cold water. Heat 1/2 of the raspberry purée over a low heat, squeeze out the gelatin and add it to the raspberry purée to melt it. Remove the remaining raspberry puree from the heat. Finally, gently add the Italian meringue and the whipped cream. Set aside. For syrup: Make a simple grenadine.
- 10The assembly: Take a circle of 22cm in diameter and 4.5cm in height. Place a rhodoid around it (for decoiling)
- 11Cut the strips of cookie spoons in order to have a height of 3cm and sharp edges. Place the spoon cookie circle at the bottom and tapes of cookies all around.
- 12Brush with grenadine. Garnish with half of the raspberry mousse and top with frozen raspberries.
- 13Fill with mousse until you have reached the top and smooth with the spatula. Let your warehouse cool 2 hours minimum ( me one night )
- 14For the decoration : Before unmolding, soften the gelatin in a bowl of cold water. Heat 100gr of raspberry purée and add the drained gelatine. Allow to cool and pour on the surface of the cake. Leave to set for at least 2 hours. You can finally umold, remove the rhodoid strip. Melt your white chocolate in the bain marie and using a confectioner's horn (or a socket pocket) form circles of chocolate. Now have fun with almond paste and sugar beads to decorate your entremet