Raspberry Meringue TartletsOn dine chez Nanou
Tartlets make the perfect little treat for a holiday gathering, special occasion or celebration. These Raspberry Meringue Tartlets combine the sweetness of raspberry puree or sauce mixed with a decadent almond cream all on tope of an almond crust. The flavorful treats are a perfect palate pleasing dessert to show your family how much you care. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy these tartlets as much as we do.
- 500 grams sweet almond dough
- 45 grams butter (softened)
- 45 grams powdered sugar
- 45 grams ground almonds
- 1 eggs
- 115 grams superfine sugar
- 30 grams water
- 55 grams egg whites
- 40 grams raspberry puree (or sauce)
- 1Preheat oven to 340F.
- 2Roll out the dough on a floured surface and cut out 8 circles.
- 3Butter and flour 8 tartlet pans and line with the dough. Prick the bottom of each pan with a fork and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- 4Raise oven temperature to 400 F.
- 5To prepare the almond cream, whip the butter, powdered sugar, and ground almonds to a fluffy cream.
- 6Add the egg and mix to a smooth cream.
- 7Fill in the tartlet crusts equally with this mixture.
- 8Bake for 10 minutes.
- 9To prepare the meringue, bring the water and sugar to a boil and cook until it reaches 250F. Meanwhile whip the egg whites until stiff. Add the sugar syrup in a thin stream without stopping the mixer and continue mixing for about 10 minutes. The meringue will gradually get a thicker consistency.
- 10Add the raspberry puree and mix until well combined.
- 11Pour the meringue into a pastry bag and pipe on top of the tartlets.
- 12Bake for 5 minutes.
- 13Let cool before serving.