- 9 ounces butter
- 10 ounces lady fingers (smashed into crumbs)
- 1 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds scraped out)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 packet vanilla pudding powder
- 9 ounces mascarpone
- 1 pound raspberries
- 3 ounces white chocolate (grated)
- To make the crust, melt the butter and combine with the lady finger crumbs. Press into the bottom of a lined 10 inch spring-form cake pan and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Whip half of the cream and vanilla extract until stiff. Transfer to the chilled base, smooth the top and put in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, mix together 1/4 cup of milk, vanilla seeds, 1/4 cup of sugar and vanilla pudding powder until smooth. Bring the rest of the milk to a boil, pour in the pudding mix, remove from the heat and stir until smooth then allow to cool.
- When cooled, whisk in the mascarpone until smooth. Whip the remaining cream until stiff and fold in. Remove the cake from the freezer then pass the mixture through a ricer onto the top of the cake in a circular motion, making a dome of 'spaghetti'. Return to the freezer for 5 hours.
- Let the cake thaw for about 1 hour in the fridge before serving. To serve, purée 12 oz of the raspberries and the rest of the sugar, pass through a sieve then drizzle on top of the cake and sprinkle with grated white chocolate. Decorate the edge of the cake with the remaining raspberries.
|Calories400Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.