- 1 pound great northern beans (or other dry white beans, rinsed and drained)
- 3 quarts water
- 2 lipton soup secret noodl soup mix with real chicken broth
- 4 ounces pork
- 4 ounces sweet italian sausag links, cut into
- 1/2 cup cooked ham (chopped)
- 1 onions (large, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 whole peel tomatoes, undrain and chop
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 head cabbage (small head, chopped (about 5 cups))
- Place beans in large 4-quart heavy-duty stockpot; add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand covered 1 hour; drain.
- Meanwhile, cook salt pork, sausage and ham in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in onion and garlic and cook until onion is almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Add to soup mixture with bay leaf, salt and pepper. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Remove sausage; set aside.
- Stir 3 quarts water and Lipton® Soup Secrets® Noodle Soup Mix with Real Chicken Broth into beans. Simmer covered 1-1/2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Stir cabbage into soup mixture and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Slice sausage, then return to soup; heat through.
|Calories270Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat25|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.