- 3 packages ramen noodles (chicken flavored instant)
- 4 large eggs (lightly whisked)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 carrot (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 red pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 green onions (cut into 2 inch lengths)
- 2 cups beansprouts
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- Place noodles and contents of the spice packets in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes, or until noodles are soft. Drain and return to bowl.
- Snip noodles into shorter lengths with kitchen scissors. Stir in egg and season.
- Preheat the broiler to high. Heat oil in a 9 inch non-stick frying pan.
- Add noodle mixture and flatten with a spatula to cover base of pan. Cook 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and cook a further 8 minutes, or until browned underneath and just set in the center.
- Transfer pan to oven and broil for 2 minutes, or until set. Let stand 2 minutes. Turn out noodle cake onto a serving plate.
- Wipe pan clean. Place over moderate heat.
- Add carrot, pepper and 1 teaspoon sesame oil and cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until just soft. Remove from heat. Add green onions, sprouts, cilantro, remaining sesame oil and fish sauce and toss to combine.
- Top noodle cake with vegetable mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve with lemon wedges.
|Calories540Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat300|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.