This high-flavored, low-fat dip can be served with toasted pita bread triangles. Brush both sides of pita breads lightly with olive oil and toast quickly on the grill. Cut into wedges.
- 1 cup yogurt low-fat (plain)
- 1 cucumber (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (crushed)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- In small bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, salt and peppers. In a small heavy skillet, toast the cumin and coriander seeds over high heat until fragrant, about 1 minute. Crush seeds coarsely and stir into yogurt mixture. Cover and chill.
- Makes about 2 cups. (Serving size about 1/4 cup)