- 11 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 drops peppermint oil
- 18 ounces white chocolate (good quality)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- yellow food coloring (red, blue, green and)
- For the mint cream mixture, place the butter in a mixing bowl with the powdered sugar, condensed milk, vegetable oil and peppermint oil. Mix, using an electric hand mixer fitted with dough hooks, until smooth. Chill for 30 mins. Divide the mixture into 55-60 evenly sized balls. Flatten each ball slightly and place on baking sheets lined with baking parchment. Chill for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, for the coating, melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Divide between 4 bowls and color each a different color with a few drops of food coloring.
- To coat, use a fork to dip the chilled mint creams in the colored chocolate as desired. If the bowls of chocolate start to set, warm over a pan of simmering water to melt. Arrange the patties on wire racks so that any excess chocolate drips off, then transfer back to the baking sheets lined with parchment paper to set completely.
|Calories110Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat50|
|% DAILY VALUE|
Leona F. 3 years ago
Would make again but halve the size of not make it 3 times smaller (ie I would make 120/180 pieces rather than 60). Tasted really nice. Adding the peppermint is definitely not something that can be specified in a recipe and needs to be done to taste. I used more than the recipe states. Some issues with coating them, did not get as neat a finish as the picture. I would also leave the parties to dry out a bit more as they melted in the hand quite a bit but this could be down to the size and amount of time in your hand.