Rainbow CupcakesMadeleine Cocina
Cupcakes are handheld treats that are perfect for holiday parties, birthday parties, celebrations and even a sweet treat any day of the week. These Rainbow Cupcakes will put smiles on everyone’s face with the bright, colorful, moist goodness. They only take 20 minutes to prepare. Make sure you have all the colors of the rainbow ready to create these colorful confections. We hope everyone enjoys these as much as we do.
- muffin batter
- food coloring
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius.
- 3Add drops of food coloring, little by little to each portion of batter until each portion is a different color of the rainbow.
- 4Place liners in each cup of the muffin tin and fill by spooning in a little bit of each of the 7 batters.
- 5Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- 6Remove each cupcake from the tin and allow to cool.
- 9Beat the butter and shortening together until smooth.
- 10Add the powdered sugar, little by little.
- 11Add the vanilla and milk.
- 12Spread the frosting on the cupcakes.
- 14Isomalt topper shapes
- 15Place isomalt in a saucepan and heat until melted.
- 16Once melted, mix in food coloring.
- 17Use a spoon to form shapes on a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- 18Allow shapes to cool completely before topping the cupcakes with them.