- 2 inches shallots (medium, sliced ⅛ thick, about 1 cup)
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon xylitol (NatraZyle, you may use granulated sugar, if you wish)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons mango juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound radicchio (and curly endives mixed, washed, dried, and torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup cubed mango
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (from 1 small pomegranate)
- 1 jack (’s Gourmet Boereworks sausage, sliced)
- 1 jack (’s Gourmet Mexican Style Chorizo sausage, sliced)
- Prepare an ice water bath by filling a bowl halfway with ice and water; set aside. Bring a small saucepan of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Add shallots and blanch until tender, about 30 seconds. Drain shallots and place in the ice water bath until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Combine vinegar, NatraZyle, and 1 teaspoon of the salt in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until the Xylitol, or sugar, has dissolved. Pour the boiling liquid over the reserved shallots and pickle until the shallots are slightly wilted and have lost any sharp taste, about 5 minutes.
- Drain the shallots into a strainer set over a large, heatproof salad bowl, collecting any pickling liquid in the bowl; set the shallots aside.
- Whisk the mango juice, mustard, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper into the pickling liquid. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking until the vinaigrette is emulsified. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Heat the sausages in a sautee pan with a small amount of oil until golden brown on all sides, approximately 4-6 minutes.
- Add the sausage slices to the salad.
- Add the radicchio, curly endives and mango slices and toss well to combine. Top with pomegranate seeds, pickled shallots and serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories150Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat60|
|% DAILY VALUE*|