- 2 tablespoons red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons quinoa (white, pearl)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts (finely chopped, divided)
- 2 racks of lamb (about 1 pound each)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 1/8 teaspoons sea salt (McCormick Gourmet™ Sicilian, divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (McCormick Gourmet™ Organic, Coarse Ground)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons mint (McCormick Gourmet™ Organic)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (McCormick Gourmet™ Organic)
- 1 cup plain greek style yogurt
- Rinse quinoas; drain well. Bring quinoas and water to boil in small saucepan on medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 13 minutes or until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Spread cooked quinoa on baking sheet to cool. Stir in 1/4 cup of the hazelnuts. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Brush racks of lamb lightly with 1 teaspoon of the oil. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of the sea salt and pepper. Coat lamb with quinoa mixture, pressing firmly to adhere. Place lamb on roasting rack in foil-lined shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 2 teaspoons of the remaining oil.
- Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, for the Mint Pesto, mix remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1 tablespoon hazelnuts, lemon juice, mint, garlic powder and remaining 1/8 teaspoon sea salt in small bowl until well blended. Stir 1 teaspoon of the pesto into yogurt. To serve, carve lamb into chops. Drizzle with remaining pesto. Serve with yogurt sauce.
|Calories1850Calories from Fat1500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat1500|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.