Rabbit is a great alternative meat. In this recipe, the rabbit is cooked with white wine, garlic, and cayenne peppers for a flavorful and bold dish. A little bit of thyme and oregano add an herby freshness to the dish that works in perfect harmony with the other flavors. This recipe doesn't take long to cook, just under an hour, making it perfect for dinner parties. Plate it with some roasted vegetables and grain for a perfect dinner.
- 1 rabbit
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cayenne peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 glass white wine
- 8 ounces water
- dried thyme
- fresh parsley
- Season the rabbit with salt and pepper and place in saucepan. Add the oil and sear the pieces for 5 minutes on each side. Once they are golden brown remove from the stove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the minced garlic and cayenne peppers, if a spicy flavor is desired. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rabbit and the white wine. Cook until the alcohol evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Cover with the water and add thyme and oregano to taste. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the size of the rabbit pieces.