If you are searching for a non-traditional recipe that will keep your family full and happy try this Rabbit Oporto Loaf with Apricots and Prunes recipe. It is full of protein and very delicious. This Rabbit Oporto Loaf with Apricots and Prunes recip…
is the perfect dish to prepare if you want to show off to your loved ones. It is relatively easy to prepare and especially delicious. Happy Cooking!
- 1 boneless rabbit
- 200 grams pork (lean)
- 50 grams bacon (white)
- 75 grams prunes
- 75 grams dried apricots
- ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, cover the the prunes and apricots with port to rehydrate.
- Chop the rabbit and pork meat. Season, add the hydrated plums and apricots and a little port.
- Cut the bacon into thin slices.
- Cover the bottom of the loaf pan with bacon slices.
- Chop the remaining bacon in very small pieces and add to the meat.
- Put the meat and fruit mixture into the loaf pan and compact. Bake in a water bath for 2 hours.
- When done, remove from oven, cover with plastic wrap and put a weight on top until it completely cools.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.