You do not have to spend a ton of money to have a five star dinner. Try this recipe for Quinoa with Scallops and Prawns. This rich and flavorful appetizer combines a hearty meal on a budget. Be sure to plan ahead, because these decadent hand held treats need to be refrigerated for at least an hour before serving. We hope you and your loved ones enjoy this dish as much as we do.
- 350 grams quinoa
- 700 milliliters vegetables
- 1 head broth
- 1/2 leeks
- cherry tomatoes
- extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the vegetable-shrimp broth and bring to a boil, then add quinoa.
- Season broth with a pinch of salt, if needed.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat until the broth is absorbed, for about 15 minutes.
- Season prawns and scallops with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a frying pan, heat olive oil over high heat and sauté the prawns and scallops.
- Set aside.
- Cut the leek into thin strips and sauté over high heat.
- Set leek aside.
- Halve cherry tomatoes.
- Sauté cherry tomatoes and a few sage leaves.
- To serve, arrange quinoa on plates with the prawns, scallops, leeks and tomatoes with sage.